Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Finished Knitted Piece--For the First Time Ever!

Just look at those finished ends, no needles attached

So, a friend of mine taught me to knit years ago, back in high school. But, at that time, it just wasn't my thing, it took too long to get a result. Then, when I was living in Savannah, Georgia, and was working Saturdays in the Tours Office at the Savannah College of Art and Design, the admissions rep I worked with showed me how to knit so we could better pass the time (this was a bit before you could spend an entire day on Facebook and YouTube). Finally, over Thanksgiving, I bought some yarn and needles at The Websters in Ashland, Oregon, thinking that I could get a decent amount of knitting done on the 5 hour drive back to San Francisco. Alas, that drive resulted in only a few inches of scarf, but, I have stuck with the project and this afternoon, I finished it! Don't get my wrong, the scarf is a bit too short for my liking and is full of holes, but I'm still proud!


No comments:

Post a Comment