Sunday, September 18, 2011

Grown Gifts


Last Sunday was my 26th birthday and I had the pleasure of spending the afternoon with my friend Susan. She cooked a delicious lunch for me and we spent 4 hours talking about anything and everything. Besides purchased gifts (a seal and wax and a wand!) she sent me home with some gifts grown in her yard.


I had been admiring the centerpiece flower on the table while we were eating and then I got to take it home in a cute little former balsamic vinegar jar. A week later this little guy is still going strong. 


These handpicked apples are truly delicious. I didn't think there would be that much of a difference between the store bought apples, but I'll take these little ones any day. They are flavorful, juicy and not at all mealy--just the way an apple should be.

*All photos in this post were made with a Fujifilm Instax Mini 7S camera. 


No comments:

Post a Comment