Monday, February 9, 2015

Things Behind Glass


I, like countless others, love going to museums. I can't really explain it, but I love seeing all sorts of things from living, breathing creatures, to bones, dioramas, and specimens. I love the learning and observing that you get to do in these spaces. I am {very slowly} developing a project based on the fascination that humans have with gathering items into special locations, be it a garden, zoo, or museum, for observation. I still have yet to figure out exactly what this project seeks to achieve, or what form it'll take but currently it is photo based; as a trained photographer, so many things for me begin with photographs. 


Here is a suite of images from the vast collections at the California Academy of Sciences, an excellent place to find all sorts of displays, dioramas, and other things to look at. 







No comments:

Post a Comment