Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Illustrated Quotes


As you may, or may not know, I have quite the obsession with quotes (I've collected 'just a few' on my pinterest). This past year, I've worked on taking them from the screen and making them my own. There are many artists out there that work with quotes, one of my favorites being Lisa Congdon, and after looking over that work I decided on the route I would take, a combination of simple illustrations and hand lettering. My skills are less than rudimentary but I'm excited for the possibilities that have opened up for me. I will definitely work on improving my hand lettering skills and I might also progress this into a little book series, or longer-term letterpress project using digitized-photopolymer versions of my illustrations and fonts instead of hand lettering. There are so many opportunities, who knows! 

Here is a small collection of starter projects that I've worked on. Also, there appears to be a bit of an image quality issue with these particular photographs so I've down-scaled the pictures from the size I normally use in the hopes that they will look better on your screen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment