Monday, January 21, 2013

The Sketchbook Project


This morning I received a confirmation that the sketchbook I completed for The Sketchbook Project arrived in Brooklyn. If you're in the area, or will be visiting any of the tour stops this year (the tour begins in March), my sketchbook is located at call number 194.48-8. 
This was an interesting challenge for me, having to fill an entire sketchbook. It was also satisfying and extremely fulfilling. For my project, I cut words out of the Vogue September Issue 2012 then went back to the same magazine and found images that matched those words, in a way, and collaged them together to create little illustrated poems. My sketchbook will eventually be digitized, but I thought I would share with you some pictures I snapped of the pages in progress or just completed.



No comments:

Post a Comment