Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Trip to Oregon

  
I don't know why, but I've always dreamed of going to Oregon. I love trees and fog, and Oregon seems to a place full of foggy trees. My husband and I are spending this Thanksgiving just north of the California border in Ashland, Oregon. It's a 6 hour drive from San Francisco, so here are pictures from the passenger's side of the car and our rainy arrival in Ashland. Not wanting to wait until we had Internet, some of these photos were shared on Instragram; if you want 'real time' updates you can find me there: ninaevezeininger

 
This was the view from a gas station parking lot in Red Bluff, CA.

 
In Redding, CA we got sandwiches at the San Francisco Deli. The food was good but it didn't remind me that much of San Francisco.
 
On I-5 we passed a nature preserve that was teaming with birds.

 There was a stretch of I-5 that looked an awful lot like Colorado.

 Yum!

Views from The Black Sheep Pub & Restaurant in Ashland, OR 

 This guy was outside our window this morning

Thanksgiving dinner in progress: draining cabbage 




No comments:

Post a Comment