Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Flores Book


And now, for some hand drawn flowers.

When trying to think of the perfect holiday present, I came up with an idea for a new book arts project.


My love for old things, 18th and 19th century botanical drawings, flora, and books decided to tie themselves together for this one. You have probably already seen my post about P is for Plants, the second book in this as yet untitled series, so I won't bore you with too many unnecessary details but this is the book project that began it all. 


In this book I worked only with lettering and line drawing, keeping things rather simple to see how it would play out. It was also less like a field journal, with just common and Latin names for each of the flowers, instead of details about them as well. 


Having done two books in this style so far, I'm feeling like there is a lot of potential for further projects and for turning this into some sort of series. I guess we'll see where it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment