Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Making Summary


I had to make a last minute trip back to Connecticut earlier this month and so I haven't been able to blog for a while. Before I left, I took 2 classes on bookmaking. Here's a brief summary of what I did.


First, I took a short course from Jennie Hinchcliff of Red Letter Day Zine on basic bookmaking, so I could brush up on my zine making skills. 


There was shredded money, Michigan map and bingo card paper, so we broke out the stamps and made some single sheet books.



Next, I took an altered board books class with Courtney Cerruti. We started out with regular old children's board books and, with the handy help of gesso, acrylic paint, rubber stamps, washi tape, words and glue, turned them into books of our own creation.


No comments:

Post a Comment