Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Foggy Ocean Contemplations


Last weekend I found myself in the Sunset District in San Francisco on a windy and foggy day. Days like that are, of course, my favorite, so I paid a visit to Ocean Beach. The beach was almost deserted and I was free to watch and photograph the waves while thinking about what draws me to the ocean.


I like the ocean because it makes me feel insignificant. It sounds strange, but I find it comforting to know that there are things out there that are so much bigger and stronger than me and my life. And I love visiting the ocean in the fog because the fog has this way of quieting everything and giving a sense of belonging and isolation. It makes me feel like I'm separate from everybody else while also a part of so many things.



No comments:

Post a Comment