Sunday, May 6, 2012

Class Photos

The messy pile of demo books I made while teaching

This past Tuesday I taught my third session of Introduction to Bookbinding. I love teaching this workshop; I get to go over all the basics of binding tools and simple structures and I get to make everyone excited about bookmaking, which isn't hard since it's one of my most favorite things to do. 
There's not much time for picture taking when you're teaching this class but below are a few images I was able to snap throughout the evening.

The bindery, all ready and awaiting the students

Some student books, on top of my hand illustrated hand-out

More student work. This gal was taking very nice photos of each book as she made them, hence the orderly line up.

Packed and ready to head home. You know it was a good class when you are leaving with less supplies that you arrived with--that means you made a lot of books!

No comments:

Post a Comment