Thursday, June 28, 2012

American Museum of Natural History: Dioramas


Back to vacation pictures. One of the best adventures I had on the East Coast was my trip to the American Museum of Natural History, in New York City. It's full of interesting things, even if you're not a science nerd, and it's got a great mix of new exhibits and exhibits that look like they haven't changed since the 1950s or 60s. 
I took a lot of pictures while here (the place is huge!) so here is round one; the dioramas. I've always been drawn to dioramas. With my own artwork I hope to someday create environments, pieces and installations that are based on reality but are also an alternate. Dioramas do just that, they're installations that strive to be reality but can never fully achieve it.



No comments:

Post a Comment